Design is the process of creating physical or digital products that deliver a satisfying experience to users. Web design comprises two main specializations. These are UI and UX. UI stands for user interface, and UX stands for user experience. Designing a product involves various stages, and designers adopt different approaches. Factors like motivations, abilities, and triggers are important to consider, as it is crucial to relate the product’s features to the user’s needs. In the UX design phase, designers employ different product development approaches. UI/UX designers must follow the seven visual design principles to develop a great UI design. They must also use various UI design tools to create a good UI design. As visual design focuses on a website’s appearance, it is essential to use some basic elements as building blocks for developing a good design. These elements enhance the user experience. Certain aspects of User Interface (UI) have a massive impact on users. These include typography, readability, and color theory. A website or app’s user interface (UI) includes its visual design and functionality. Therefore, designers must employ the best practices for developing different web and mobile interface components.
- Describe the two main specializations of web design: UI and UX.
- Describe the various stages of product design and the approaches designers use at each stage.
- Explain design thinking in terms of motivations, abilities, and triggers.
- Discuss different design approaches and UX strategies that designers implement.
- Describe the seven visual design principles that UI/UX designers adhere to.
- Explain the features of some UI design tools for UI and UX designers.
- Identify the essential elements for designing a user interface.
- Explain typography, readability, and color theory.
- Describe the best practices for developing different web and mobile interface components.